My 5 Favorite News Sources

 As someone interested in game design and production, one of my top 5 favorite news sources has to be IGN. IGN is a great source for articles on upcoming games and updates, as well as media such as movies and shows. What makes it such a reliable source for video game and media news for me is that it's posted by community members, giving a better insider view to certain games and productions. 


Another news source that I use almost daily is Twitter. Twitter has a number of media links, news networks, and public posts that keep me up to date on really anything I want to know. Which means, I don't just get my information from news sources, but also from other people who use and post on twitter too. It can be used for just about anything. Game news, artists, local and global news. It's a unique way to grab the ideas of people from across the globe.




Another link I get my news from, is Apple News. Since I keep my phone close at hand most days, it's good to have a link to other news sources, magazines, and blog posts at hand, should I ever want to catch up on the news. I don't have to worry about installing it, as it comes with my phone. And what makes it great, is that even if you have or don't have select news sources followed, Apple News gives you the top, newest news to read, right at the top of your notifications.











Another news link I use to catch up with news from home is WPLG Local 10, a news site for local Miami and Fort Lauderdale news. I may not be home most of the year, but it is always nice to check in on things going on in my home town. Local 10 sources from multiple news sites, and provides information based on areas and topics. I think it's a reliable news source because it's purely local news, which is easier to maintain and manage.

Finally, and while it isn't mainstream used for news, I find it to be a fairly reliable source, is YouTube. What makes YouTube a top news source for me is that it's not only a way to get specific videos on really most anything, but it's also a content platform, similar to Twitter. With that variety in mind, it really broadens it's capabilities as a news source, and that's why I consider it one of my top 5.

Comments

Popular Posts